At a recent project in Poole that involved laying the foundations for a single plot, Carters Concrete was faced with a demanding situation. The project saw an unexpected change in requirements from an initial estimate of 12m³ of concrete to over 34m³, due to unforeseen tricky ground conditions. Despite these challenges, Carters Concrete successfully adapted its processes, displaying resilience and a steadfast commitment to customer satisfaction.
The project involved an upgrade to a garden patio for a repeat customer based in Poole. Aware of a local event that could cause traffic delays, Carters Concrete took extra care in route planning. This precaution helped to ensure the delivery remained on schedule, demonstrating our continued commitment to customer service.
The project required the delivery of 3 cubic metres of ready mix concrete to be completed within a 12pm-2pm window. To meet this deadline, our team arrived on-site early to establish the ground line pump and other necessary setups, ensuring the concrete pouring would proceed without hitches.
Constraints and Challenges
The garden itself presented a unique set of obstacles, including a variety of plants and garden features that made direct access to the patio area impractical. This called for a specialised approach to concrete delivery, and the ground line pump became an essential tool to address this.
Techniques and Hardware Used
To overcome these site-specific challenges, our team used volumetric concrete mixers for accurate on-site mixing, thereby allowing the customer to pay only for what was actually used. The ground line pump was vital in navigating the tight garden spaces while preserving existing features, ensuring an efficient and careful concrete delivery.
The project was successfully completed within the set 12pm-2pm timeslot. The customer was notably pleased with our precision and care in preserving their garden features. This positive feedback underscores Carters Concrete’s commitment to quality, meticulous attention to detail, and dedication to customer service.
- Proactive Planning: Our team’s foresight in planning the route to avoid local event traffic showcases our proactive approach to customer service.
- Site-Specific Challenges: The use of a ground line pump was crucial for successfully navigating the garden’s unique features, demonstrating adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Precise Resource Utilisation: The use of volumetric concrete mixers allowed for cost-effective, precise, on-site mixing, highlighting a customer-focused approach.
- On-Time Delivery: Completion within the agreed-upon timeslot emphasises the company’s reliability and time management skills.
- Customer Appreciation: The customer’s satisfaction, especially their appreciation for the preservation of garden features, validates our commitment to detailed, customer-centric service.